Monday, June 13, 2011

Summer

Ok, so tomorrow is the last day of high school. It's kinda sad, but I'm hanging out with friends after and I still have another week and a half before I head off to camp to abandon everyone.

I have basically been playing nonstop magic for the last few weeks, and that's fun, we might try to turn my elf deck into a legit legacy deck, so that could be fun, if a bit expensive. I've officially worked my last day as a pizza boy for now, and have the week off till camp, why do I feel like its just going to be sitting around bored since I already only talk to like 5 people.

I've handed in the last of my things for RPI, at least that's what I thought until I got more main from them, saying I have to mail more stuff out by July 2nd, but at least this is just choosing where I was to go with some people from my freshmen class the week before school starts. Speaking of which, I have no idea what to do. There is a white water rafting one, and a rock climbing/spelunking one, a long hike at lake George, and a high ropes course, as well as more, and I have no idea which one I want to go to, they all sound awesome.

So, a weird thing happened to me today. Someone asked me why I stopped talking to someone, they said that they had heard a reason and really hoped I hadn't let something so small ruin my friendship. So I told them that I stopped talking to those people because they started doing pot. The person said that this was a stupid reason, that it was such a small part of their life that it shouldn't even matter to me, especially since they wouldn't do it around me. Idk, I just found it really odd, when I tried to defen my stance they just kept saying that I was overreacting about something so small, and then I realized 2 things, 1. that I would only have to deal with them for 1 more day and 2. that I was happier now, I had no trouble with the fact that I couldn't trust them anymore, they are just people again, albeit people who I used to be close to, but now they just don't matter, they're just 2 more of the pot heads at our school that I'll never need to associate with again.

1 comment:

  1. WE WILL HAVE AN AWESOME LAST DAY TREVOR!!!
    Wooooooo...RPI Freshman bonding... Sounds interesting! I did some high ropes at Lake George for my Rotary Orientation and it was really scary but fun!
    Doing drugs is NOT a small part of who a person is. I find it intolerable and I'm glad I get to get away from so many people in Columbia. Although I will miss a lot of people as well. You included. :D Don't worry. We'll hang out even after High School and you will also find many new and awesome people with similar interests at RPI. :D

    ReplyDelete